Here is a recipe that will help satisfy your craving for something baked and keep you on track!
Apple Oatmeal Bread (recipe from Facebook – HMR Diet)
You will need:
- 6 packages HMR Multigrain Cereal
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup splenda (optional)
- 6 apples
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 small package sugar-free, fat-free Butterscotch Pudding Mix (optional)
- 2 tsp spices – apple pie spice, cinnamon or nutmeg (combine or use alone, as desired)
- 6 packages HMR 70+ Vanilla
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 11 x 14 pan with PAM. Mix cereal with water and cook in microwave. While cereal is cooking, peel and dice 6 apples. Remove cereal from microwave and immediately add 3 tsp baking powder. Microwave apples on high for 5 minutes or until cooked. While apples are cooking, add pudding mix, spices, and HMR 70+ Vanilla to cereal mixture. Add cooked apples and mix well. Spread batter evenly into baking dish. Bake for 35 – 40 minutes. Divide into 12 pieces (each piece is the equivalent of one shake). Enjoy!
For support with your healthy lifestyle, contact Alicia Leeds Meyers. Alicia is a Personal Healthy Lifestyle Coach who walks the talk and helps her clients uncover their path to a healthy lifestyle.